Within the Chinese Buddhist tradition, there are seven classes of disciples:
1) Bhikshu – fully ordained monk.
2) Bhikshuni – fully ordained nun.
3) Siksamana – novice monastics who observe six precepts.
4) Sramanera – novice monks who observe the minor precept.
5) Sramanerika – novice nuns who observe the minor precepts.
6) Upasaka – laymen who observe the first five precepts.
7) Upasika – laywomen who observe the first five precepts.
Source: Empty Cloud: Translated by Charles Luk and Edited by Richard Hunn, Element Books, (1988), Page 107-108 and Footnote One on Page 108.