Blogger’s Note: Hitler rounded-up and murdered hundreds of thousands of Gypsies. I think it is f’cking disgusting how the Traveller Community is treated in the UK. This is why I translated a Russian-language text (The Brave Roma (Gypsies) who Fought in the Soviet Red Armed Forces [1941-1945]) eulogising the special Red Army Unit comprised entirely of brave Gypsy volunteers. These men and women knew what the Nazis were doing and decided to join the Soviet Military to do something about it! I cannot believe that the UK government places thousands of unwanted migrants flooding into the UK in 5 star hotels (I am not opposed to migrants – but facts are facts) – and yet this is how the Local Authorities treat our own (British) and Irish Traveller communities! This type of racist discrimination has got to stop – and I say that as someone who was once “attacked” by a group of teenage Pikies in Sutton a few years ago. As a trained martial artist – I simply dodged their blows until they got tired – and pointed-out the security camera – and that was that. No harm done – as I understand “why” some of them (not all) behave this way. ACW (19.2.2026)
Alex Langridge – alangridge@thekmgroup.co.uk – Published: 14:55, 17 February 2026
Legal action is being taken against the owners of farmland where several mobile homes have been stationed without permission.
An enforcement notice was issued by Gravesham council on the 75,000 sq ft plot off White Post Lane, in Sole Street, back in August 2023.
It required the land stop being used for residential purposes and for buildings, vehicles and other associated items and for them to be removed from the site within a year.
The notice was appealed, but it was dismissed by the Planning Inspectorate in February last year.
This meant that the owners and occupiers of the site had until February 11 of this year to comply with the requirements, unless they used the part of the land which has planning permission.
On February 12, council planning enforcement officers visited the site and found evidence that the notice had not been complied with.
It is understood that Stuart Boorman and his family are some of the occupants living on the site after they bought part of the land last year.
They applied for permission to station eight mobile homes and two day rooms on a section of the land in August, but it was rejected by the council in December.
It was refused because it was on green belt land, the site lies within the Meopham Downs Landscape Character Area, highway safety risks, and the proposed loss of biodiversity.
However, Mr Boorman told KentOnline he believes they are being discriminated against as they are from the Gypsy and Traveller community.
He explained that after years of moving around the county, living in caravans parked on roadsides, car parks and petrol stations, they had tried to settle permanently and get their children into education.
Speaking previously, the 51-year-old said: “Gravesham council is going above and beyond to remove us all from the land.
“Not only would this make my family homeless, but it would disrupt the children’s education and well-being.
“All we ask is to be treated with the same human rights and dignity as every other British citizen, and to be given the opportunity to live alongside the local community.
“When we finally come together and scrape together the money to buy land to settle on, our plans are rejected.”
Despite this, the local authority is now launching legal proceedings for the alleged breach of planning enforcement.
Leader of the council, Cllr John Burden, said: “It is extremely regrettable that the owners and occupants of White Post Farm have failed to comply with the requirements of the enforcement notice.
“Flagrant breaches of planning regulations such as this have significant negative impacts on those living nearby, and we will do everything within our powers to protect our communities in instances like this.
“We have made every effort to make the owners and occupiers aware of their obligations and the consequences of non-compliance.
“But we have been ignored, and now is the time to take the appropriate legal action.”
The council’s cabinet member for planning and business development, Cllr Shane Mochrie-Cox, added: “We understand and share the anger of residents at the disregard of planning regulations and the failure of the owners and occupiers to fulfil the requirements of the enforcement notice.
“We also share their frustration at how the law restricts the speed of our response to incidents such as this, but we must follow the correct legal procedures every step of the way.
“To attempt to cut corners risks legal challenge and prolonging the unpleasantness for the local community.”
It is an offence under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 not to comply with an enforcement notice once the period for compliance has elapsed.
Any person found guilty of such an offence is liable on conviction to an unlimited fine.
Over the past year, there have been several ongoing planning disputes in the area, and concerns over damage caused to trees and hedgerows.
A neighbouring site also applied for permission for a mobile home, touring caravan and day room, which was refused by the council, but then overturned by the Planning Inspectorate.
However, in November, it was revealed that approval had been granted for the wrong field.
A fresh application was then submitted by Mr Dennard and Mr Smith, who are seeking part retrospective permission for the development.
To see more planning applications and other public notices for your area, click here.
A decision has not yet been made on the new, slightly larger plans.
