Officials and villagers gather to discuss local matters and legislative items in Hudiyayuz, a town in the Ili Kazak autonomous prefecture in Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, on April 28, 2026. (CHINA DAILY)

China: False “Foreign” Claims About Ethnic Unity Law Rejected! (25.6.2026)

On the road to poverty alleviation and building a moderately prosperous society, no ethnic group or individual has been left behind, and as Chinese-style modernization advances, no ethnic group or individual can be left behind either, said Ba­yanqolu, the chairman of the Ethnic Affairs Committee, adding, “Which other country or political party can achieve this?”

The law, which was passed on March 12 and will take effect on July 1, defines the protection of the legal rights of citizens seeking employment and entrepreneurship to further safeguard the equal development rights of people from all ethnic groups. There is absolutely no so-called “forced migration” or “forced labour” in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, as claimed by some Western organizations and media, said Chen Ruifeng, director of the National Ethnic Affairs Commission, at the news conference.

“All Xinjiang residents who seek employment outside the region do so of their own free will, based on personal desires to improve their family life and enhance their skills,” Chen said, adding that claims of “forced migration” or “forced labour” are “extremely absurd and ridiculous”.

Hong Kong residents visit the site of Wang Fuk Court, a residential area in Tai Po of Hong Kong, offering flowers and paying their respects to the victims on Nov. 2, 2025. (Photo: China News Service / Hou Yu)

China: 159 Lives Claimed [140 Bodies Identified – 31 Still Missing] in Hong Kong Reidential Fire – Full Socialist Mechanism of Support Initiated! (4.12.2025)

Health Bureau is covering all medical, medication and rehabilitation costs for victims.

The blaze had claimed 159 lives by 2 p.m. on Wednesday, with 31 people still missing, the Hong Kong Police Force said at a press briefing earlier Wednesday. A total of 140 bodies had been identified, said the police, adding that the victims were aged between 1 and 97 years old.

The police have completed the search for remains inside all seven fire-hit buildings, and will expand the search to the vicinity to check for remains under scaffolding that collapsed in the flames.