This image shows Israeli forces at the Rishon LeZion cemetery in occupied Palestine on July 16, 2025. (Photo by AFP)

UK: Over 2,000 [Unpunished] British Nationals Fought for Israel – During Gaza Genocide! (20.2.2026)

Legal expert Paul Heron of the Public Interest Law Centre (PILC) sounded the alarm about the grave concerns regarding the significant number of Britons who were in violation of international law.

“There must be no impunity where credible evidence links British nationals to grave breaches of international law,” he said

“Where dual nationals have served in units implicated in atrocities, the authorities must investigate promptly and, where the evidence meets the threshold, pursue arrest and prosecution like any other serious crime,” he added.

Last year, a 240-page complaint was submitted to the Metropolitan Police war crimes unit, naming 10 Britons accused of “targeted killing of civilians and aid workers, including by sniper fire, and indiscriminate attacks on civilian areas.”

One of the legal experts involved with the case, Michael Mansfield, an English barrister, said, “British nationals are under a legal obligation not to collude with crimes committed in Palestine.” He emphasized that “No one is above the law.”

The report comes as part of a broader legal push by advocacy groups in the UK to pursue the figures involved in the Israeli regime’s ongoing genocidal war on Gaza, which kicked off in October 2023 and has resulted in more than 72,000 Palestinians dead and 90% of Gaza destroyed.